West Lane Translator Incorporated owns and operates a substantial communications tower in the Florence, Oregon market. Our facilities are located at the top of Parachute Hill, south of the Siuslaw River and Old Town Florence. We currently have available tower inventory at all levels for lease. Contact us for a consultation on how we can assist your business in achieving its communications goals.
- Whether your requirements are for point-to-point, land mobile two-way, cellular, broadcast or broadband, West Lane Translator can supply the most complete coverage in Florence and western Lane County. Our 240-foot, self-supporting tower has unobstructed line-of-sight to all of the Florence market, as well as Dunes City/Westlake, parts of Siltcoos Lake, Highway 101 from Heceta Head to north Douglas County and east up Highway 126 as far as Mapleton. No other tower in the area provides as much open propagation as WLT’s.
- Public access to the private forest land surrounding WLT’s compound is restricted by locked gates and patrolled by the landowner. The tower and supporting facilities are further protected by security fencing and a second locked gate.
- The Valmont tower at our facility was designed and built to survive a 9.0 earthquake, it meets all current tower specifications. Additionally, WLT maintains a permanently-installed, 40kW diesel generator to provide backup power to user’s equipment in the event of a power failure. The site is served by utility power, underground telephone service, and fiber-optic cable. Three-phase utility power is nearby.
- West Lane Translator has maintained this site since 1959. Continuing stewardship of this facility is one of WLT’s primary goals.
- EASE OF ACCESS
- Our facilities are accessible year-round due to the relatively mild weather in this part of the state. The gravel road into the site is well-maintained, and not overly rugged. Four-wheel-drive is not a necessity to access the site. Sanitary facilities are provided for the use of our tenants, workers and visitors as well as personnel of adjoining facilities.
- ROOM TO GROW
- All levels of the tower are available for the mounting of antenna apparatus. If your equipment installation needs are modest, we have equipment rack space available in our climate-controlled main building. Users requiring more space or needing their own equipment shelters will find that there is ample area adjacent to the tower, needing minimal preparation for use. Base-of-tower outdoor-installed equipment is easily accommodated as well.
- WLT’s lease offerings are competitively priced.
To learn more about our facilities and set up a consultation to discuss your needs, please use our Contact Form to submit an inquiry. Someone from our organization will respond to your message shortly.
Site Name: Parachute Hill (AKA “Glenada Hill”)
Address: 5909 E. Glenada Road
Coordinates: N 43° 57’ 25.0” W 124° 4’ 30.0
Site Elevation: 709’ (216m) AMSL
Manufacturer: Valmont Structures
Year Built: 2008
Height: 240’ (73.2m)
- Line-of-sight to:
- Herman Peak (Florence)
- Prairie Peak (Horton/Deadwood)
- Walker Mtn. (Walton)
- Blanton Heights (Eugene)
- Coburg Ridge/Mt. Tom (Eugene)
- Current users and leasees:
- Bicoastal Media
- California Oregon Broadcasters Inc.
- Charter Cable
- Family Stations Inc.
- Heartland Media
- Lane Community College
- Lane County Sheriffs Office
- Lane Radio Interoperability Group
- McKenzie River Broadcasting
- Oregon Coast Emergency Repeater Inc.
- Oregon Public Broadcasting
- Sinclair Broadcasting
- Siuslaw Broadband
- Sprint Cellular
- University of Oregon Foundation
- Verizon Wireless